Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A little gimpy.......

I'm taking it easy, on Saturday I woke up and my left shoulder was very achy and I couldn't really use my arm much.  Icing on the cake.......went to put wood in the stove on Saturday evening and didn't move fast enough and a piece of wood fell on top of my right foot, that brought tears to my eyes, thank goodness its not broken.  Earlier in the week I had a toothache and went to the dentist........my tooth is cracked in 3 places and I need a crown. 

Last night I didn't sleep much at all so I decided that I needed to go to the doctor, hey it bad when you can't even put your "undergarments" on without assistance, LOL.  Hubby and I worked that problem out together, what a pair we make.  I called the doctor and was able to get an appointment this morning, I just need to ice, ice, ice and use anti-inflammatory meds like Aleve for the next two weeks.  It should get better on its own, so I need to try and take it easy.  Today I got home had lunch, and sat and iced and popped two Aleve and it feels tolerable, I also need to keep moving it a little at a time.

I'm falling apart but in time I'll be back together again.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you went to the doctor about your shoulder! If I had a dime for every piece of wood I've dropped on my toes, I'd definitely be a richer woman! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Denise,
    Sorry to hear about this ~ ouch!! All three things sound bad, but at the same time?! Do take it easy and be good to yourself.
    Hgus))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Denise, I am so sorry you are feeling gimpy. I hope you will be back to normal before you know it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please listen to the doctor and rest the foot along with ice. Rest as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You poor thing... didn't you just turn 50... welcome to the over 50 club... mind is still 25 and body is screaming at you DON'T DO IT... do we listen NO... I didn't know what aches and pains were until I hit that big 50 and now that I have a few more added to it... well I won't even go there...lol

    Get yourself some epson salts and soak in a nice hot bath for at least 20 minutes... yes you will have to sit still that long... I promise you, you will feel like a new person. I always have epson salts in my house, it is my new bestest friend.

    Now take it easy sweetie and listen to the Doc's order... no more slugging like you are 25... hope you feel better soon Denise.

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise thanks for stopping by my blog. I sorry to hear you have been plagued by so many "pains", unfortunately it is all part of the aging process. Been there done that and I have aches pains and crown to prove. Keep Stitching,Hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm working my way backwards to catch up with all the posts I missed this week. I've been a bad blog friend I'm afraid.
    So sorry to hear you've been in pain. I hope it's getting better by now. No fun to have to take it easy, is it?
    Good thing hubby was there to help you out though, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing your comments, sorry I had to turn on the "word verification" but I got my first comment from a "non-person".......I prefer comments from people.