Saturday, January 15, 2011

I think it might be cold outside

Woke up this morning, thankfully, and was so glad for all the wood we brought in this fall.  Here is what the thermometer told me about the outside........


I really can't complain, it's mid January and this is the coldest morning yet, usually by now we have had several 0 degree mornings and some below.  Yes, I do know some of you would say this is a warm morning, LOL.  So far the chickens have faired well, I try to keep their coop fresh and add shavings on a regular basis, every morning they get a warm mush of some kind and I fill their water bottle with very warm water and it goes back into their coop.  The fact that they are still laying eggs tells me that they are not too bothered by the temperatures.

Last night's PMS gathering was enjoyable, we has some yummy stuff to eat, shared our various projects, and just plain enjoyed each others company.  I do understand why women used to get together and sew, it really was enjoyable.....believe it or not there were times that it would get quiet and then of course there were times when we were all chattering and laughing, I'm already signed up for next month!  I didn't get as much done as I had planned, my machine was acting bad, I checked it before I left and it was fine (??), but I planned ahead and brought some hand work......I did get some flying geese done before switching to hand stitching.  I was able to get a little closer to finishing the hand quilting on the Fat Quarter quilt for January's meetiing next Saturday.  Hoping to share the finished product with you soon. I would love to have a group of friends that like to quilt/sew come on a weekly or biweekly basis, but unfortunately most of my "local" friends don't quilt/sew and while I know that I would love to invite ElizabethDebbie J, Terry, and Jackie  to come for a quilting/sewing gathering I think the drive might be a little to long, LOL.  But you are always welcome to come!

Hope you are have a nice warm Saturday morning. 


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the meeting. Our church has a group that meets every Monday morning and a few of the ladies quilt but others bring knitting, crocheting, cross stitch etc. to work on. Believe me, if I lived within driving distance, I'd be sure to be at your house for a quiting group. lol

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could find a local quilting group to sew with. I joined a quilt guild but those are just meetings. I checked Mapquest and I can be at your house in 13-1/2 hours. Maybe I'll wait until the weather is a bit better! But thanks for including me! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. brrrrrr, we were at 15 degrees the other day and I just could not get warm.....
    We don't get too many zeros, thank goodness. Sounds like you're doing a good job with those chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes Denise! That is pretty darn cold! Our ice finally melted, except a little around the edges of buildings, in the shade, etc. May be hanging around for more.... we'll see. This is turning out to be the winter to remember around here, but not as cold as yours.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing your comments, sorry I had to turn on the "word verification" but I got my first comment from a "non-person".......I prefer comments from people.