Friday, August 19, 2011

A Slice of Heaven on Earth

For the second time this week we went blueberry picking, but today is the only day I remembered to bring the camera.  Wednesday's picking was not nearly as abundant as today, that coupled with the fact that the price per pound was much higher by over a dollar means we will not return to that location.  But TODAY we went to Blueberry Hill in Acton, ME and the picking was AWESOME and very reasonably priced per pound.  Hubby was able to pick, he just got stuck a few time and had to call the tow truck, ME, to help push him out of the ruts! 

Here are a few pictures, as usual the photos just aren't the same as being there.........



Here are a few goodies from MY garden and the blueberries from Wednesday's picking..............
Now I'm off to make something with the rhubarb!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Denise,

    I love fruit picking, those blueberries look delicious, I've just made some blackberry jam today after OH and I found a fantastic patch of wild blackberries not far from where he works, and best of all they were free!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blueberries look yummy! I need to go out tomorrow and pick tomatoes and peppers again. I hope I have enough to make a batch of spaghetti sauce this time! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blueberries and those look delicious. It's nice that your hubby was able to pick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmmmmmmmmy, wow I didn't know blueberry bushes got that big. Great that hubby was able to get in on the fun too... now I want a piece of blueberry pie.

    have a great day Denise.

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blueberries look wonderful, I have not hit the blueberry fields as of yet. I sure hope Irene has not blown them off to kingdom come! Hope you are fairing well, sending greetings, Julie.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing your comments, sorry I had to turn on the "word verification" but I got my first comment from a "non-person".......I prefer comments from people.