Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Update on Monday's Ramblings...........

 Have patience with all things,
but chiefly have patience with yourself.
Do not lose courage in
considering your own imperfections
but instantly set about
remedying them--every day
begin the task anew.
                                             ~St. Francis de Sales


Patience, something that I find I sometimes have trouble with......

Just wanted to take a moment to let you know that I did contact the publisher, and the authors on Monday after I completed my blog post.  Thus far only one author has responded and she now publishes her own books and they are printed in the United States of America!  Since Monday I started checking more of my quilting books published by another publisher and they too are printed in China.  I contacted them and  patiently await a response......

Today is sunny, but very windy......so the leaves will have to wait, we will work on getting the rest of the yard ready for winter.  Hope you have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. Denise, I am proud of you for going that extra mile to do something that we should all be doing.

    We need to give the Americans and Canadians their jobs back. For the past 15 years, I have watched Niagara Falls, New York that was once a booming manufacturing and tourist town slowly become a slum area.

    As our Canadian dollar gets stronger, more and more of our manufacturing plants are closing up and moving overseas.

    It is so scary to think someday there will be nothing made in North America and if we have no jobs how are we going to continue feed our economies? What a legacy we are leaving for our grandchildren.

    You go girl... look forward to hearing if you get any replies.

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you got a response to your email. I've started looking at all the books I have here and plan on contacting the authors if they're published in another country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never noticed where my books were published before. Its definitely something to think about. You are being a good citizen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all need to keep our eyes open to all things.. I am with you all the way in being pro active...Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing your comments, sorry I had to turn on the "word verification" but I got my first comment from a "non-person".......I prefer comments from people.