Friday, March 11, 2011

Trinkets for My Sewing Room

I ventured out today in the rain to run a few errands that couldn't wait.  Since I had to go out on such a terrible day I decided that I would treat myself to a stop at the "What Not Shop", it's a local shop with many different previously owned items some old and some not so old.......The last time I was there I saw an old iron that I thought would be a great decorative addition to my sewing room, the price was $18 and I really didn't know if it was a deal.  Today I decided that I was going to pick it up if it was still there, well when I put it on the counter the lady said she had several others and proceeded to show them to me.......I found another that I liked too and asked her how much it would be, well she made me an offer if I took both of them........$25.00, so of course I took both of them!  Here they are.........
One of them has a smooth iron surface and the other is very "primitive", they will be a nice addition to my decor!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, those are perfect for the sewing room or to put by a fireplace. Glad you treated yourself today. Aren't you glad we don't have to really iron with those any more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the irons you got! I have one but it's not old...only a reproduction. It makes a great door stop though! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those irons will look great in your sewing room. I learned to iron with one of those flat irons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Denise I love them... that was a good deal for both. They usually run around 20.00 each around here. You don't see too many of them around either. Perfect for your sewing room.

    Glad you got out and treated yourself.

    Have a great week.

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing your comments, sorry I had to turn on the "word verification" but I got my first comment from a "non-person".......I prefer comments from people.