Saturday, August 20, 2016

Time to Get to Work

The past few days have been spent loafing............

Took these ingredients and made some baklava for a friend...........

All the while, the house smelled of lemon, cinnamon, cloves and honey, then later, when the pastry was baking, it smelled of butter and walnuts.                                        
Thursday, after letting the baklava sit overnight, hubby and I delivered it to our friends and spent the afternoon visiting with them and then out to dinner for a treat........whole bellied fried clams, YUM!                                              









On Friday I picked up the wedding quilt from the quilter, put the binding on and then I spent the afternoon visiting with my quilting friends while I started turning the binding on this very large quilt!  
I hope to finish binding this by next weekend, I have finished one long side (115") and one short side (104") so I am well on my way.........

Today a friend and I went to a cute little quilt shop about 20 minutes from my house.  Grace you would love this place she carries only reproductions, I got a chance to see the precuts of Jo Morton's new line, Gratitude, and thought of you.  I picked up some muslin, and managed to talk myself out of purchasing a beautiful log cabin quilt kit. Planning on challenging myself to get UFOs completed in 2017..........

When I returned I started playing with the label for the wedding quilt, not sure if I like this one yet, but I am making notes and will get it done by the end of the week...........

After 3 days of loafing I need to get outside tomorrow, the grass needs cutting, winter wood needs to be brought inside (winter will be here before we know it), the garden needs weeding and the list goes on..........but I do not regret one moment of the past 3 days, the work will always be there, time spent with family and friends is much more important!

3 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I can just imagine the smells you were describing. Yes, the work will always be there. I have been working a quilts just a little. Hope to post some eventually! You are smart to have finished a wedding quilt. I'll be doing good to finish a baby quilt. I planned to make 3 baby boy quilts that need to be done this fall. One is due in September, 1 in October and 1 in November. Need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always have a full plate denise! and what little shop is this pray tell? no posts since sat so i know you've been working outside....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have kept the list of outside thing reasonable so as to not get overwhelmed, so far so good, I have done a little more of the binding, not sure if it will be complete before Saturday. Will bring the camera out with me to take photos to post soon!

      Delete

I really enjoy hearing your comments, sorry I had to turn on the "word verification" but I got my first comment from a "non-person".......I prefer comments from people.