Monday, August 6, 2012

Some Goodies for My Stash

On Friday while reading a local weekly newspaper I found an ad for a yard sale that had "quilt shop quality fabrics", so on Saturday morning my husband and I headed out to see what we could find.  Here's what I brought home..............
 Inside the boxes...................
Most of the pieces were either yard or 1/2 yard cuts and in some cases there were many pieces from various lines of fabric or they were grouped together with other complementary colors.

 


 There was even a yard of this "Domestic Diva" fabric, LOL!


Here's what I've been working on, it's called Rustic Bouquet designed by Sarah Maxwell and Delores Smith, I found the pattern in the Jan/Feb 2012 McCall's Quilting.  I just need to finish stitching the wool flowers and leaves and then it will be a completed "flimsy".

Off to get some chores done, hope you have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

  1. Wow Denise what a haul. You sure did okay, you will have to tell us what projects you make out of all that fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some nice stuff! Love the purple coneflowers on that quilt! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. denise, what a haul! how do you find these places? i'm surely not reading the right paper at all...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, You are such a lucky girl - great stuff.
    Brigitte/Austria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is what I call a stash!!!Great find. I love your latest project, you have been productive. Glad to hear you discovered a copy of Cooking Down East, I hope you enjoy this cookbook as much as I do...I hope this humid weather leaves soon, hugs Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh........the best find!!! Congrats!! Felt like Christmas, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! You sure hit the Mother Lode!!!

    blessings, jill
    hopped over from homemaking dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. yae for you ! what a great find ! You can sew all winter on that !

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a score you got from the yard sale....wish we had yard sales like that here in Australia.

    Hugs
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a score!!! Love your quilt that you are working on now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing your comments, sorry I had to turn on the "word verification" but I got my first comment from a "non-person".......I prefer comments from people.