Thursday, December 29, 2011

Finished Scarf

Spent the day learning how to make a scarf with the rayon batik fabric that I got on Tuesday!  Mid-morning I went to a friends house and got the "lesson", I had the directions but I am a very visual learner and there were no pictures.......thanks to my friend I now have one completed scarf and two that are almost finished!
Here is a photo of the finished scarf......underneath is one that has been layered, sewn, and sliced, I just need to finish up the ends and put it through the wash a couple of times and it will look fabulous, like the one on top!!  I had enough left over from each fabric to make a third one, it has some of each fabric, can't wait to see what it looks like after it's been washed.

The photos really don't show the colors well, the one on top is made with the teal colored fabric from the last post.


I also promised photos of the quilt that I made for my husband, it's made using Trisha Cribbs' Turning Twenty Pattern and Wool and Needle Flannels by Primitive Gatherings.  These are  not the best photos, I will try to get another one in better light.


Planning on spending lots more time in the sewing room this winter, lots of unfinished projects and a few new ones that will start in January.  I'm also going to challenge myself to work more from my stash, not sign up for any more BOMs until I finish up a few of the large projects, hoping my friends can keep me in check! 

7 comments:

  1. I love both the scarves and the quilt (esp the colors).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scarves. I wondered where you found the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarves look great! We learned how to make those at a quilt guild meeting but I never tried it. Your quilt looks wonderful too! I love the seep colors in it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty scarves denise....i believe your new year goal mirrors that of many of us, i know it's mine as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, that quilt is to die for. Love everything about it. GORGEOUS doesn't even cut it on that one.

    Love your scarves also... I have never seen those ones... Is that a new technique? You do find the nicest fabrics.

    Hope all is well... just playing catch up today. I am so behind in my reading... been painting up a storm and can't seem to get my butt in gear to finish it... I DONOT like painting walls even with the sprayer... I want to play, way more fun...lol.

    Take care sweetie... have a very Happy New Year if I don't talk to you sooner... xo

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting effect the scarfs offer, very pretty. Looking forward to more photos. Happy New Year to you and yous, Julie. It's snowing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dear Friend,
    Have a very blessed 2012. Happy sewing.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing your comments, sorry I had to turn on the "word verification" but I got my first comment from a "non-person".......I prefer comments from people.